Next: INPUT FORMAT
See QTLcart(1) for more information on the global options
-h for help, -A for automatic, -V for non-Verbose
-W path for a working directory, -R file to specify a resource
file, -e to specify the log file, -s to specify a seed for the
random number generator and -X stem to specify a filename stem.
The options below are specific to this program.
If you use this program without specifying any options, then you will
get into a menu that allows you to set them interactively.
- This requires a filename for output. Eqtl will overwrite the file if
it exists, and create a new file if it does not. If not used, then Eqtl will use
- This requires an input filename. This file must exist. It should be in the
same format as the output of Zmapqtl. The default file is qtlcart.z.
- Eqtl requires a genetic linkage map. This option requires
the name of a file containing the map. It should be in the same format
that Rmap outputs. The default file is qtlcart.map.
- Allows the user to specify which hypothesis test results to process.
Use values 10 or 14 for data with two marker classes, and 30, 31, 32, 34 for
those with three marker classes.
- Tells Eqtl the significance threshold. It
assumes that the test statistic is significant if greater than this value.
It is 3.84 by default.
- Eqtl uses the specified size (alpha) to determine the significance threshold from the
experiment-wise permutation results. If used, the -S option is ignored, and the
significance threshold is set and saved from the experiment-wise permutation test results.
The size is 0.05 by default.
- If used with argument 1, it causes LOD scores to be output rather than the LR statistics.
It is 0 by default.
- This should be followed by a string of no more than eight characters. It allows the
user to control which files Eqtl will process. The default is ZM, which means
process the results of Zmapqtl and JZmapqtl (the M is for multitrait). You can
also add the letters P for permutations, B for bootstraps or J for jackknives.
Prior to implementing this option, the default was PBJZM. Note that the order of the
letters indicates the order of processing: If you want to use the threshold from
a permutation test, then the P should precede the Z and M values. Also,
you need to have at least one action.
Next: INPUT FORMAT