Next: Simulating and Analyzing data
Up: Basic Unix
Previous: Basic filesystem commands
- ssh, rlogin, telnet and ftp allow you to initiate
sessions on other machines. You need
to supply the IP address or nickname of the machine with these commands..
- exit closes a terminal window and clear clears it.
- history shows the last 40 commands issued. They will be numbered,
and you can rerun them with an exclamation point and the number of the command,
e.g., !23 would run the command numbered 23 in the history
- lpr sends a file to the printer.
- alias allows you to assign Unix commands to more familar words. For example,
alias dir ls would allow you to type dir to list the files in a directory.
alias with no arguments would list the current aliased commands.